Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend, Volume 2

There's been more progress on the kitchen front!

On Monday we went to Sears and bought this microwave.  It was marked down from $249 to $174, and then we had $72 in rewards points from our oven purchase, so we only paid $112.  We saved $137 from the original price, y'all.  Can I get a high five?!

We went to a BBQ, then I spent the evening watching Jean-Claude Can Damme and Sly Stallone films while doing this:


I assembled the frames for the kitchen cabinets.  They were very simple.  Hopefully the rest of the assembly will go so smoothly!  

Tonight we are supposed to get a quote from Sears for countertops.  I expect we'll shop around a little bit.  We are having the countertops professionally cut and installed because it's the one thing that we feel we don't trust ourselves to do on our own.  I mean, I'm sure we could do it.  But there's more potential for error and we'd rather pay someone to get it right the first time rather than spend time and money to do it ourselves when there is a chance we might mess it up and we'd have to start all over again.  That would really suck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment