Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Garden Check-In

We are going into week 4 of our vegetable garden, and true to form, I have been neglecting to document it's progress.  Everyday I can see the progress of our plants.  I need to get better at documenting it!

What we planted:

Cucumber
Marion Tomatoes
Grape Tomatoes
Yellow Pear Tomatoes
Red Pepper
Yellow Pepper
Green Pepper
Zucchini
Sweet Basil

And from the seed:

Sweet Corn
Mammoth Sunflowers
Lettuce

As I noted in this post, we broke down the raised garden bed and expanded the area for planting this year.  We have more than doubled our garden space as a result.  My dad, who maintains his own summer garden every year, suggested we plant corn, and I said, really?  Can we do that?  And he said, absolutely!  Why not?  So we did!

Look at how our little seedlings are growing!  So well!

Baby corn stalks!


Baby sunflowers!


Baby lettuce!


And here's the rest of the garden, as of May 26th:


The corn is growing along the back fence; the sunflowers to the right, the lettuce up front.  Soon we'll need to put up the chicken wire, to keep the critters (and our dog) away, but for now, this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment