Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend, Volume 1

I had a three day weekend and it was very, very productive!

I *finally* finished beautifying the front yard:





And some beautifying in the back yard:



(These perennials were all transferred from other spots around the yard last year.  They came back pretty strong this year, but there are still a few fledglings in the middle.)



 Two projects I would like to tackle this summer are landscaping in front of our deck and removing the rocks and planting grass alongside the deck.  There's a mess of landscaping rocks on the side of the deck and it's u-g-l-y and I want it to go away.  Here's a hot tip: don't use landscaping rocks.  If you ever want to get rid of them, you will have your work cut out for you.

But, other than those projects, which I don't see as urgent and can even wait until next year if needed, I am done with summer planting.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment