Monday, May 6, 2013

Let's Trench

Last summer I moved these plants from the front of our deck to in front of our shed.  The grass got very overgrown and the area needed to be cleaned up.  That's where trenching comes in!  I've watched the facilities people where I work use this to do it.  I like how it creates a clean line and separates landscaping from the lawn without having to use landscaping stones or other borders.

Before


After


I have a bad habit of not taking photos while I work; the grass was overgrown across the yard past our vegetable garden, so I kept going.


BUT, this year we decided to expand our garden, so I broke down the raised bed and turned the soil in the whole area; we used the pieces from the raised bed to create a new border and a cute little entrance for the newly expanded garden.


On Tuesday we are planting three different varieties of tomato, red, green and yellow peppers, cucumber, and we will plant seeds for corn, mammoth sunflowers and lettuce!

No comments:

Post a Comment