Monday, February 17, 2014

The Big Kitchen Update

SO MANY PICTURES.

Where we last left off:


What followed:












So!  That's where we currently stand with our kitchen rehab.  Our apron sink from Ikea is flawed (we were disappointed to discover when we took it out of the box yesterday), so we have to exchange it.  We are making really good progress though, especially now that the countertops are in!  This week my homework is to sand, stain and seal the butcher block.  

We also got an island!


It's an old carpenter's workbench that I found in a fancy resale shop.  Normally their furniture is out of my budget, but I wandered in there one day on a whim with my mother, and she came across this piece, and it was SUPER affordable.  I couldn't believe it.  It's always when you're not looking for something that you find it!

We had a few bar stools that we got for $5 each at a rummage sale that fit perfectly along the island, so I set about reupholstering them:


Not bad, eh?



So colorful.

1 comment: